Enrichment Grant Program
The Walker Enrichment Grant program is designed to award funds for projects, programs, and materials that enhance the school curriculum and environment at Walker School and would not otherwise be funded through the traditional school or district budgets. In order to best serve the Walker community and determine the needs and wants of the staff, we have created an application process to generate a “wish list” of opportunities.
The grant committee accepts grant requests throughout the academic school year. Requests will be evaluated and awarded on a rolling basis, as funds are available.
• Applicants first discuss their ideas with the Principal to consider how the proposal fits into the school’s short and long term objectives and to ensure the that no other funding source exists.
• Applicants will complete the Enrichment Grant Request form online
• Applications are sent to committee members to complete the grant evaluation: to fully fund, partially fund, defer funding or to deny funding. Any requests not fully funded by the grants program originally, will be reevaluated at the final PTO meeting of the year.
• Using the evaluations submitted from the committee, the PTO Executive Board will vote whether to fund each grant at their monthly meetings.
• Grant winners will have 60 days from notification to provide all information necessary for the PTO to purchase their items. Any unused grant money will be returned to the grant pool for future requests. Expenses over the approved amount will NOT be reimbursed.